Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

January 13, 2016

Follow Us LIVE at the Happy Mutant Adventure Race in St. George, UT!

Track me LIVE January 15-18, 2016!

LIVE TRACKING:  http://xcfind.paraglide.us/map.html?id=15    (Click on Dawn Westrum in the left column)

Or here's my personal SPOT Page:    http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0Vqz7UqPY9LIyO1dnLgb3zrq61UmFKHRJ

You know me.  I can't resist the grueling races, and here's my next one.

The Happy Mutant Adventure Race is the newest AR series in the USA.   Comprised of several 72 hour races staged across the country, the inaugural race is going to be in St. George, Utah.  In other words, my backyard, when I'm at home!   I couldn't help myself from signing up, and found three guys willing to join me.   My teammates are all from Iowa, although I've only met one of them, so it will be an interesting adventure just seeing if Jeff, Jon, Eric and I can all race at a similar speed....

The race starts at 7 pm on Friday night, and ends on Monday morning.  For those of you doing quick math, that's three nights out on the course, and a little over two days.  And it's wintertime, which means loads of darkness, snow at high elevations, and probably freezing temperatures.

The race is supposed to including trekking, mountain biking, caving, orienteering and canyoneering.   Regardless of what we are doing, we will be having an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck Dawn. Here is some additionnal publicity for your sponsors I put on the website this morning:
    http://paragliding.rocktheoutdoor.com/en/news/dawn-westrum-trades-paraglider-for-trial-shoes-in-utah/
    . Hope you are well and enjoying winter. Hope to see you soon in Europe. Emma - Rock the Outdoor Web Content Manager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I have too many favorite sports...it's hard to find time to do them all!

      Delete