Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

November 25, 2014

Corner Canyon Snow Hike (with my new favorite dog!)

I'm hoping that this won't be the weather that I am competing in next July in the X-Alps!  But my training is ramping up and I've got to get out on the trails even in the snow.  Luckily I had a houseguest join me for the hike up into Corner Canyon, Rok the wonder dog!

Yup, taking care of Becca Bredehoft's dog for a week was really fun (made me want a dog a lot!)   He enjoyed coming out for hikes with me and rolling in the snow.

Corner Canyon is close enough to my house that I can hike from home, linking a few paved trails with some city streets to get to the real trails.  And there are a lot of them around the Point of the Mountain...enough that I can take different trails for many hikes and not get bored.   Or even hike to the top of North Side and fly home.

It was pretty early in the year for this cold and snow stuff, but I picked a nice day to head out and even saw a few deer (luckily Rok didn't).   Let the training begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment